You may be eligible for the Affordable Homeownership Program if you can check off all of the boxes below (this applies to each applicant):
- I am a United States citizen or legal resident.
- I live OR work in Burlington, Camden, Mercer, or Gloucester Counties (not applicable for Veterans Build properties).
- I have lived at my current residence for at least 6 months.
- I am employed (you do not have to be employed to be eligible).
- If I’m employed, I have been employed at the same business for at least 6 months.
- My current housing is overcrowded, unaffordable, dangerous, unhealthy, temporary, or otherwise substandard.
- My gross annual household income (before taxes) falls within the income guidelines:
|Family Size||Minimum (30%)||Maximum (60%)|
- I have NOT declared bankruptcy within the past two years. If I have declared bankruptcy, it has been discharged over two years ago.
- I have NOT been foreclosed upon within the past two years.
- I have NOT been evicted within the past two years.
- I do NOT have an excessive amount of debt or bills in collections.
- I have a stable source of income that I do not expect to end within the next 3 years.
- I am willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity Burlington County by volunteering up to 400 hours of my time working on the construction site, participating in home owner preparation classes, attending meetings and events, and other activities as agreed upon.